A new drug may treat Corona patients!.
Away from vaccines: the discovery of a new drug that may treat Corona patients! Have scientists finally been able to develop a drug that can alleviate the symptoms of the emerging coronavirus or even treat it completely? The answer may be yes.
Some researchers have recently developed a new drug called Allocetra that may help reduce the severity of the emerging coronavirus or treat it vaccines corona permanently in a relatively short period.
The drug may help alleviate the symptoms of the disease because of its potential ability to curb the so-called cytokine storm, which is a severe reaction that has been observed that the immune system may show it to the Corona virus when it enters the body of some patients, and this storm may cause organ failure Patient.
And in the preliminary experiments.
In the initial experiments conducted by the researchers on a group of 21 patients infected with Coronavirus, the severity of their symptoms ranged between acute and critical, it was found that the new drug helped to significantly alleviate the symptoms of the disease, which enabled the majority of the patients included in the study to return home within a short period of time:
- 4 days for patients with severe symptoms.
- 8 days for critically ill patients.
It should also be noted that 19 patients had fully recovered from the virus, while only two patients entered the remission stage.
The promising results of the drug do not stop at this point only, but one of the patients who received the drug stated that the symptoms vaccines corona of the disease that were apparent in him, such as coughing and respiratory problems, disappeared within two hours, and it is worth noting that this patient was 49 years old, and he was allowed to leave The hospital, after two days of receiving the medicine.
Important notes about the new medicine/strong>
- The drug has not yet gone through all the standard scientific research stages, especially those related to testing it on patients versus examining the effect of a placebo on another group at the same time.
- The drug has been tried in a relatively small group of patients, and it is not sufficient to refute or confirm its effectiveness.
- The clinical trials of the drug did not include these categories: Corona patients who were on ventilators, and Corona patients who had had organ failure.
Currently, the medical team responsible for developing the drug is in the process of obtaining an application to start a phase III clinical trial for this drug.